The special interest groups exist to meet the needs of members who want to learn more about specific sectors or about specialist areas of expertise in a more informal environment. We want to involve the broader Bahrain business community and encourage non BBBF members as well as BBBF members to come to our meetings.
Interest groups aim to meet four times a year.
The interest groups started in response to member interest and at the moment we have six groups that are outlined in the following pages. These are run by individuals who have an interest in the topic themselves and who are willing to manage the process of running their groups with support from the office and from me – but they do need to do most of the work themselves.
How you can get involved
- Please support the meetings and come to the shared networking events we organise a couple of times a year.
- If you have a strong interest in a business sector and have the passion, time and energy to start a group let me know.
- If you have an idea for an event or want to get involved with the interest group organisation as a whole please get in touch with me.
- If you are technical expert who would like to share your knowledge with the broader group get in touch with me or the appropriate SIG head.
- If you would like to be a venue for our meetings contact me or the BBBF office.
- If you would like to help me organise some larger networking events for this year I would welcome support and access to some administrative resources.
Attendance is free for BBBF members (and is funded from the annual membership fee) and is BD 5 for non-members (as some contribution to refreshment/venue costs). Jill Boggiss, SIG Chairman, 3604 4100
Special Interest Groups